We are looking to hire an efficient GIS technician to assist with the compilation and analysis of GIS data. Duties will include reading and interpreting maps and other GIS data, entering the data into the GIS database, drawing maps using automated software and compiling reports. A successful GIS technician should have an advanced computer mapping skills, excellent problem-solving skills, and can take raw geographic data and transform it into usable maps and documents.
- Compile geographic information in the form of satellite images, geographical surveys, and aerial photographs.
- Research and verify geographic data.
- Enter new data into the GIS database.
- Draw maps using advanced computer software.
- Ensure maps are annotated and compiled with the correct information.
- Compile reports using all available GIS and GPS data sources.
- Maintain GIS database and troubleshoot data issues.
- Travel to geographic sites to conduct land surveys.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, GIS, computer science or similar field.
- Proven work experience as a GIS technician.
- Understanding of Integrated GPS and GIS principals.
- Advanced computer programming and data analysis skills.
- Knowledge of modern cartographic standards and principles.
- Advanced statistical, mathematical, and methodology skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Proficiency in design software including AutoCAD and ArcView.