We are looking to hire a Head of Base Build (Design Management) who would be responsible to manage the design of modules, working with one of the full multi-disciplinary consultant teams, plus specialist design teams for iconic assets. Responsible for managing the design of tunnels and tunnel related structures, regarding sustainability on the project and is required to implement the sustainable program and to educate other consultants and contractors working on the project.
A qualified and experienced professional capable of performing a full-time sustainability assessment, various green building strategies, other environmental requirements and supervision role during the design and construction phases.
- Identify and maintain contact with Client and Design team counterparts to ensure alignment of project understanding and goals.
- Monitor the achievement of Project sustainability KPIs, objectives, targets, and design deliverables in line with approved Project sustainability strategies, plans and Client requirements.
- Coordinate with Design discipline leads and stakeholders to investigate and respond to RFIs
- Participate in coordination meetings and workshops with Client, Designer, and other stakeholders.
- Lead the technical direction of the sustainability initiatives across the project.
- Work with the client, contractors, developers, design teams and project management team to actively promote the sustainability program and to achieve sustainability objectives in the design, planning and construction process.
- Ensure proper planning, design, and construction of sustainable developments on the rail project.
- Report on project status, action items and critical milestones
- Design Management and sustainability professional with least 25 years of total work experience in the engineering and construction industries including at least 10 years in a sustainability role, enabling building and infrastructure Projects to successfully achieve sustainability accreditations.
- Accredited in one or more sustainability rating systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Science or Architectural discipline from a recognized university. Master’s degree a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, presentation) in English.
- Experienced in performing technical reviews of design documentation.
- Experienced in managing the sustainability scope and design consultants / contractor deliverables on civil infrastructure projects.