Computer engineers design, test, implement and maintain computer software and hardware systems. They ensure that both the physical hardware components and software programming components work together smoothly for their clients. ... Computer engineer duties include: Researching software and computer hardware.
- Perform periodic hardware analysis of computer hardware and software using available technology and testing tools.
- Respond to all computer-related issues and provide technical support to all staff members.
- Oversee the company’s cloud storage accounts to guarantee they’re protected and secure.
- Conduct validation testing for new and renovated motherboards.
- Ensure existing computer equipment are up-to-date.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and incorporate new technology into existing units.
- Draft new computer equipment blueprints and present them to management.
- Plan and manage the production of computer hardware equipment.
Develop and install software systems.