We’re expanding our team within Amazon Operations! If you’re interested in joining a business where you can achieve amazing results and put smiles on people’s faces, this could be the role for you.
As an Operations Finance Analyst, your duties are to prepare journal entries, account reconciliation and management reporting for Amazon legal entities, support management in all aspects of financial accounting, reporting systems, procedures and policies; An ideal candidate will have a background in operations/finance and have excellent data driven problem resolution skills. They will have the ability to pull and analyze data with ease, drive process improvements, standardize processes, and eliminate the root cause of defects within the current systems. This job will require exceptional communication skills while having the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
This is a varied, complex role and every day is different!
- Work with operations business partners to support decision making process by providing visibility on financials for the proposed decisions.
- Work with finance Operation peers / Central accounting to resolve and escalate issues noted from accounting reconciliation and follow up the action plan to ensure the issue is entirely fixed;
- Consolidate monthly CAPEX actuals and put a comparison vs. budgets/plans. Take proactive approach in-case of deviation.
- Analyze data provided by variant tools and systems for internal financial analysis, reporting and documentation;
- Play an important role in promoting systems/process development within department to ensure ongoing efficiency and control improvements;
- Drive daily level cost visibility to operations team and help them improve the cost structure.
- Ability to solve problems independently in an ambiguous and fast paced environment;
- Relevant experience in Month end closing of Books of accounts / working on Balance sheet Reconciliation & Reporting activities / Accounting knowledge
- Excellent computer skills / presentation skills and attention to details;
- Proven communication skills (written and verbal), Fluent English skills are required;
- Ability to dive deep and understand complex problems by analyzing data and provide arguments with data support.
- Sufficient excel skills using pivots, formulas, charts
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance or above.
- Significant experience of project management & analysis within a fast paced multitasking driven;
- Goal driven, result orientated, self-motivated, able to step back and look at the bigger picture;
- Experience of Oracle R12 is preferred. Hands on experience on accounting & reconciliation process;
- Process improvement related experience
- MBA/CPA or ACCA
- Strong desire to learn and grow
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.