Work hard. Have fun. Make history. At Amazon we expect no more and no less from you. Ever since Amazon opened its virtual doors, it has been the aim to become the most customer-centric company in the world. How is this achieved? By having people like you who make sure that customers find everything that they are looking for online – at great prices and convenience. Both Amazon and sellers who list their products on the site already offer millions of new and used items in a wide range of categories. And this is just the beginning. Come and experience a company that reinvents itself every day. Immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, expanding and is continuously inventing new efficiencies and offering great opportunity for our customers and for you! Amazon KSA is looking for a smart, enthusiastic, hard-working and creative candidate to join as a Senior Vendor Manager.
A successful SVM will be able to:
· Act as the ‘business owner’ for assigned categories, possessing a complete understanding (inclusive of the strategic context) of internal and external variables that impact your business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the business, along with responsibility for driving projects and promotions to achieve business objectives)
· Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
· Maximize Amazon’s business profitability and selection expansion opportunities
· Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and drive delivery of site features that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
· Manage vendor relationships - manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds
· Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
· Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
· Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets
· A deep understanding of all traffic-driving mechanisms (Email, search, browse, SEO, etc.); actively engaged in optimizing those channels for your business
· An in-depth understanding of merchandising and customer behaviour metrics, plus regular use of such data to guide decisions and recommendations
· Demonstrable ability to think on your feet and make smart decisions
· Online retail experience
· Strong planning and time-management skills
· Self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment
· Highly skilled at communicating ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing.
· Excellent written English and Arabic and strong attention to detail is essential
· High computer literacy, with ability to learn new systems quickly
· Strong proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL, and statistics software (SAS/Matlab/R).
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Proven experience delivering results by partnering with and influencing others