Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
The successful candidate will be a key part of the operations team and will be responsible for project managing new Fulfillment and Last Mile logistics buildings in construction across KSA. This will include the extension of existing facilities and any new sites. This role plays an integral role in the development and implementation of the MENA network infrastructure.
This opportunity is focussed on construction engineering, project management, and contract management. It requires a person who can show proven ability in the planning and design, and project management / control of new and the enhancement of existing facility buildings.
The role can be based in Riyadh or Jeddah and frequent travel to all various locations across KSA.
· Responsible for overseeing construction engineering, planning, and design for operations and other new or expansion projects
· Responsible for project support on new fulfillment network buildings and additional capacity requirements within existing MENA operations
· Undertake construction engineering design on new and remodel projects
· Prepare reports, specifications, technical analysis to fully define the design requirements, equipment and services required
· Provide technical direction within engineering design / AutoCAD, building design, layouts, build details, schedules and materials
· Survey facilities, develop and document a procedures to audit the facility, provide evaluations and analysis, and recommend solutions to facility infrastructure, safety and security problems involving facilities and people
· Negotiate contracts with vendors and present formal documentation for approval when required
· Ensure that contracts are fit for purpose, cost effective and incorporate appropriate Service Level Agreements
· Provide overall site management, coordination, planning, specification of business proposals and coordination of subcontractors
· Facilitate and team with others on due diligence evaluation of new opportunities
· Coach and guide all project teams (sub-contractors, maintenance engineers and commissioning engineers) throughout the full project lifecycle
· Ensure that contracted resources deliver work to meet duration and quality targets, addressing and ensuring the correction of under-performance issues
· Audit contractors to check that the skills and competences of contract labor are appropriate to need and they are fit to undertake the work on which they will be deployed
· Inform contractors of projected changes in resource or work demand so that they can take appropriate action
· Establish and operate the information systems necessary for effective scheduling and recording of contract work
· Support contractors’ work and help them to achieve higher performance levels.
· Coach other new members on best practices.
Completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or comparable field or Amazon experience
· Experience as an engineer and senior construction manager
· Experience as a facilities manager or similar
· Project Management experience from design phase through implementation and operation
· Experience negotiating construction, procurement and labor contracts
· Ability to lead and manage a team, including, coaching and disciplinary actions, as needed
· Business Level Languages : English proficiency
· Ability to travel throughout KSA up to 40% of the time
Master’s degree in engineering or construction management
· Ability to effectively communicate Amazon requirements to various audiences (e.g. senior management, peers, public officials, vendors, etc.)
· Fluency in Arabic
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation